Date: August 2, 2005 (Tuesday)
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Department of Agriculture
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM 4/26/05 AND 6/28/05 MEETING
III. COMMENTS FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS (ORAL OR WRITTEN)
IV. COMMUNICATIONS FROM DIVISIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
A. AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
1. Request for Approval to Construct Two Shade Houses and a Rock Wall General Lease No. S-4853 Keahole Agricultural Park, Lot 17, Island of Hawaii
2. Request for Consent to Assignment of Lease General Lease No. S-4926, TMK (1) 4-1-035:005 Waimanalo Agricultural Park, Lot No. 5
3. Request for Approval to Construct a Packing Warehouse and Offices on the Subject Lot, General Lease No. S-6000, Lot 25 Kahuku Agricultural Park, Oahu
4. Request for Approval to Award Agricultural Park Lease Through Negotiation, Lot No. 2 Kalaeloa Agricultural Park, Ewa, Oahu
5. Request for Consent to Assignment of Leases General Lease Nos. S-8001, S-8002, S-8005, S-8008, S-8012, S-8013, and S-8017, TMK (4) 1-2-016: Various Kekaha Agricultural Park, Waimea, Kauai
B. PLANT INDUSTRY DIVISION
1. Request to 1) Allow the Import Under Permit of the Diamond Back Terrapin Turtle (Malaclemys terrapin) for Private Use; and 2) Establish Permit Conditions for the Importation of the Diamond Back Terrapin Turtle for Private Use.
2. Request to: Allow the Importation of Various Species of a Fungus, Alternaria, on the List of Restricted Microorganisms (Part A), for Laboratory Diagnostics; and (2) Establish Permit Conditions for the Importation of Various Species of a Fungus, Alternaria, on the List of Restricted Microorganisms (Part A), for Laboratory Diagnostics
C. AQUACULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
1. Request for: 1) preliminary approval of proposed rules for the Aquaculture Development Special Fund, and 2) authorization for the Chairperson to schedule public hearings and appoint a hearing officer.
D. ANIMAL INDUSTRY DIVISION
1. Request for Approval of an Applicant for Alternative Use of the Animal Quarantine Station
E. NEW BUSINESS
Those persons desiring to submit
written testimony may do so via postal mail to
the DOA Chairperson’s Office at 1428 S. King Street,
NOTE: MATERIALS FOR THIS AGENDA WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DOA CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE, 1428 S. KING STREET, HONOLULU, HAWAII, ON FRIDAY, 7/29/05.
BOARD OF AGRICULTURE MEETING AGENDAS AND ACTIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON THE
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE’S WEBSITE: