Dept. of Agriculture's logo
of Agriculture

State of Hawaii

Financial Assistance
Agriculture Development
Quality Assurance
Pest Control
Land and Water
Admin Rules
Who We Are
Job Opportunities
What's New

E-Mail to HDOA

E-Mail to
Animal Quarantine


Return to HDOA's
Main Page

Return to Hawaii's
Agricultural Gateway




Get Acrobat logo To view and print the following documents and forms you need a copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download a free Reader by clicking on the "Get Acrobat" icon. This will link you to the Adobe web site, where step-by-step instructions are available.


Label Instructions for Use of Calcium Hydroxide (Hydrated Lime)

Applicator Authorization Form
(Form P-54-1) - Individuals wishing to use hydrated lime to control coqui frog infestations must complete this form and submit it to the dealer where you purchase the hydrated lime.  To list additional treatment site, use Form P-54-1a.

Sales Recordkeeping Form (Form P-37-1) - Dealers must use this form to record sales of hydrated lime. (Print in landscape format)

Survey on Frog Control Methods (hand capture, hydrated lime, citric acid, habitat modification, hot water etc.)  –  Some control measures may work better than others.  Please complete a survey form to provide us with periodic updates on the effectiveness of your control efforts. Survey form: Frog Control Survey



Application for License of Pesticides - Use this form for new product licensing including products whose name or formulation has changed. This form must be submitted with one copy of the Confidential Statement of Formula, one copy of the EPA Stamped approved label, three copies of the final printed label and a payment of $225.00 for each product. Submit one application, in triplicate, for each product being licensed.  See “Instructions for Form P-2” for additional requirements.

Application for License Renewal of Pesticides - Use this form for requesting pesticide license renewal. If there have been changes made to the product labeling, submit three copies of the amended label. If changes involve the product name or formulation, submit a Form P-2 for licensing as a new product. Submit your application form in triplicate with a payment of $225.00 for each product license being renewed.

For discontinued products, licenses must be maintained for three years following written notification to the Pesticides Branch; or until there is no remaining stocks in the channels of trade.  See “Instructions for Form P-1” for additional requirements.

Electronic Submissions - While P-2 and P-1 forms (reflecting an original signature), and payment of licensing fees must be submitted via regular mail, electronic submission of supporting documents is preferred.  We ask that documents be in pdf format and without any security to allow insertion of our licensing stamp.  A copy of the license certificate, label and receipt for payment will then be e-mailed back to you.  Even if not making electronic submissions, please be sure to include the e-mail address of the responsible party on the P-2 and P-1 forms.

Electronic submissions may be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected]

For more information, contact the Pesticides Program:

Hawaii Department of Agriculture
Pesticides Branch
1428 South King Street
Honolulu, HI 96814-2512
Phone: (808) 973-9412, (808) 973-9414, (808) 973-9415